Currently the Washington State Legislative will likely pass a very strong Consumer Data Privacy law. As many of you know, California has already made the first step in clear language dictating that businesses must change the manner in which Consumer data is managed and protected. That legislation is called California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Many other states are in the process of legislation this year like CCPA and/or GDPR.
With the California current law and Washington’s new law, Consumers have rights to the following:
- Personal Information Rights
- Requiring business not to sell their personal data
- Requiring opt IN rather than Opt OUT practices
- Right to be Forgotten
- A Consumer can require a business to permanently remove any and all Personal Information
- Right to Know
- Personal Information disclosure by company to a person of what personal information exists and how it is used
- Right to equal service and price
- Consumer will have the right to object to any profiling, direct marketing and statistical research on current or historical Consumer data. Including clear restrictions on any discriminatory actions by a company against Consumers who wish to exercise their right to privacy.
In our discussions with Policy makers, Washington state as well as other states will have adopted very strong data privacy laws that protects consumer’s. We encourage business to begin considering how to accommodate these near-term changes.
For more Privacy related information please request below:
(This information will not be resold or used in any other way, other than to contact you regarding Privacy Legislation)